NEW Year | NEW You | NEW Opportunities
A NEW 2019 Beginning with VITAS Healthcare - Nation's leading provide of end-of-life care
Join our Dynamic Team as Respiratory Therapist!
- Full Time position
The Reparatory Therapist will provide respiratory services to VITAs patients so that the quality of life might be enhanced.
- Assess the respiratory status of patients admitted into the VITAs program as directed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the present respiratory regimen.
- Provide input into the interdisciplinary plan of care to promote optimal respiratory functions related to the patient’s potential.
- Instruct patients and caregivers in appropriate respiratory care procedures and techniques
- Participate as needed in the care process and as directed by the interdisciplinary team
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Provide educational programs for VITAS staff members
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- B.R.C (National Board for Respiratory Care) credentialed (CRTT minimum; RRT preferred)
- Current CA License for Respiratory Care practitioner
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a respiratory therapist RRT: Acute care and home care field experience required. CRTT: minimum 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year acute care and 1 year home care field experience.
- Experience with respiratory-related home care equipment, compressed medical gases, concentrators, and liquid oxygen.
- Graduate of an approved program to train respiratory therapists.
Special Instructions to Candidates