Clinch Valley Medical Center
Essential Job Functions: Responsible, able to work without supervision, dependable, exceptional patient care skills, good people skills.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist implements, recommends and coordinates the Respiratory Care of an assigned group of patients.
- Supervises and makes assignments for Respiratory Care Students and checks work for accuracy in the absence of a Clinical Instructor.
- Provides for continuity of care of patients by maintaining accurate patient records
- Administers and evaluates therapy ordered by the physician.
- Assists physician with therapeutic/equipment choices.
- Uses and supervises the use of patient care equipment.
- Attends meetings or training sessions as requested.
- Follows and enforces recommended safety policies and procedures and infection control policies and procedures, in order to maintain a safe patient and employee environment.
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds appropriately.
Education: Formal education in Respiratory Care from an accredited college/university. Experience:
Minimum of one (1) successful year as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, with proven skills in performing diagnostic testing, including EKGs, Blood Gas Equipment Quality Control and Maintenance as well as all other aspects of Respiratory Care.Special Qualifications:
RRT/CRT Credentials required (NBRC). Licensed to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the State of Virginia is required. Current BLS certification is required, ACLS certification is preferred.LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.