North Texas Medical Center has FT and PRN opportunities for experienced Respiratory Therapists.
Come be a part of an experienced and tenured team and work where you will be treated like a valued team member, not a number.
NTMC is located just off I-35E in Gainesville, Texas.
Distance from Dallas: 61 miles
Distance from Plano: 48 miles
Distance from Denton: 28 miles
Distance from Sherman: 30 miles
Distance from Ardmore: 37 miles
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures. Duties include:
• Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains aware of and assesses possible side effects to oxygen delivery
• Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
• Sets-up and monitors mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
• Performs arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understands the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
• Performs EKGs, types report interpretations, sends reports to physicians who requested them and files reports in department, according to department procedures.
• Current Texas Respiratory Therapist Licensure.
• Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
• High school graduate or equivalent must be submitted upon hire – proof of highest level of education must be submitted.
• Current BLS certification.
• Current ACLS certification.
• Current PALS certification.
• Current NRP certification within 6 months of hire within 6 months of hire.
• Current STABLE certification recommended.
• Preferred three (3) or more years of experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.