Job Title: Respite Aide
Reports To: Director of Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Medical Services
Summary: Maintain a 10 bed facility contracted through Truman Behavioral Health (TBH)
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Handle all patient admissions.
● Administer medication
● Monitor resident rooms for safety
● Work with Truman Behavioral Health physicians.
● Work closely with resident case worker.
● Order medication through Rockhill LTC Pharmacy and Truman Medical Center Pharmacy.
● Maintain document in residents chart.
● Keep refrigerator clean
● Maintain cleanliness of med area.
● Discharge clients
● Dispose of expired medication with supervisor, Director of Nursing or Assistant Director of Nursing.
● Maintain medical records
● Work closely with clients
● Monitor use of controlled medication
● Perform all other duties as required.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Oral Communication Skills
Education/Experience: High School diploma or Equivalent. Medication Aide Certification, Medication Technician Certification, Insulin Certification preferred, and Med Aid Certification must be up dated every 2 years.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor