Volunteers of America (VOA) has a passion for ensuring seniors have choices about where and how they age.
Horizons Care Center is a skilled nursing home and is part of the VOA family. We are located on the beautiful Western Slope of the Rockies at the base of the Grand Mesa. If you are looking for an opportunity to truly make an impact in a senior's life, then allow us to make an impact in yours.
Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of the restorative nursing program for the facility. Is the liaison between formalized therapy and nursing. Promotes a restorative nursing philosophy among all facility departments.
Retention Bonus of $5,000
- Maintains a current list of residents participating in a Restorative Program on each unit. For each unit, these lists will be specific as to ambulation, ROM, ADL, assistive feeding devices, splints and hand cones/contracture care, bladder retraining or other restorative program details.
- Sets up documentation flow sheets for daily documentation of restorative nursing measures for each resident on the program.
- Oversees that all restorative nursing measures are reflected on the care plan as an approach to the problem or need for which they are being done.
- Oversees that residents get formalized therapy, as indicated, and that the necessary assistive feeding and/or ADL devices are obtained as recommended. Works with Nursing and Dietary to see that these assistive devices are consistently available and that they are addressed on the care plan.
- Works closely with formalized therapy. Sees that specific recommendations, when discharged from formalized therapy, are carried through either directly providing the care or assigning it to an RNA and seeing that they follow through.
- A licensed nurse or a licensed/registered PT, PTA, OTR, COTA in appropriate state.
- Understands the philosophy of and knows the principles, techniques and skills of restorative nursing care.
- Successful completion of the RNA certificate program if applicable.
- A knowledge of and interest in the care of the geriatric resident.
- Management experience preferred.
- Cooperative ability to work with a team.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.