Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
The Specialist II, Scheduling is responsible for the assembling, completing and submitting of patient medical records. The Specialist II, Scheduling is also responsible for confirming, running, setting and reconciling case schedule.
- Gathers cases by fax and telephone call from facilities and surgeons offices, and through direct clinical connectivity to hospitals; then reconciles cases by comparing schedules with facility schedules; then reviews and assembles all medical/billing records from all sources within the facility (i.e., hospitals, centers, office-based locations).
- Reviews records for clinical quality and integrity. Verify medical records in a timely manner using a checklist to ensure that all information is included with the medical record prior to submitting it to the case schedule in order to meet and maintain the published production schedule.
- Verifies medical records then enters the data into the scheduling system in a timely manner in order to meet and maintain the published production schedule. Ensures all medical records and clinical cases are correct and validated through the confirming process of comparison and follow-up by calling surgeons’ offices and hospital staff to rectify discrepancies, and reviewing patient pre-op information and vetting to appropriate clinician; updates demographic information as necessary.
- Validates clinical assignments by using a scheduling software to run a report that indicates any conflicts in credentialing or skill set once clinical assignments are finalized. The entire schedule is reviewed daily with an assigned clinician.
- Responsible for clinical case management by making changes to the individual providers’ schedules based on a variety of daily circumstances (i.e., new cases adding on, emergencies, cases cancelling, providers calling out sick, cases running long or finishing earlier than expected, cross-divisional coverage needs).
- Serves as the first point of contact in identifying scheduling conflicts, issues and changes, and provides call center support by answering inbound telephone calls, triaging calls to include assessing needs, fielding questions and directing calls to appropriate person or department.
- Communicates with Clinical Leadership, Chief(s), Director(s) and individual providers to coordinate corrections, updates and completion of schedule.
- Runs reconciliation reports and performs daily reconciliation for each date of service/facility received.
- Maintains daily/weekly/monthly production deadlines and demands and all department and personal production goals as directed by the Manager / Supervisor.
- Supports the work flow of the scheduling department to maintain the expected level of production. This includes accurate documentation of work being done and what is completed on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and exhibit a sense of urgency and have the ability to respond quickly to changing demands, processes and updated information
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Ability to follow-up in a timely manner on open items
- Ability to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of 2 years of scheduling experience required
- Related experience in a healthcare facility or fast-paced, highly interactive customer service environment
- direct experience with case management scheduling
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Medical terminology and previous clinical business office experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Suite Code Correct
- Healthcare Billing System (AS400 preferred) Proficient in 10-key calculator
Certificates and Licenses:
- CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P, or RHIT Certificates will be considered
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.