SOCIAL WORKER - DISCHARGE PLANNER
FULL TIME POSITION
The social worker provides regular, ongoing social work services to individual residents and their families, and will maintain statistical records for the social service department. The social worker is a participant in interdisciplinary team conferences with an overall focus on short term discharge planning.
• Carries an assigned caseload of residents and provides casework services both for adjustment to group living and return to the community, when possible.
• Completes all social work documentation to maintain proper resident records for assigned caseload. This includes an Admission Psychosocial Assessment, Spiritual Assessment, Quarterly Evaluations, Progress Notes and all other documentation as specified in the manual.
• Communicates with residents and families to discuss adjustment problems and concerns as presented.
• Attends interdisciplinary facility meetings (and may represent the Director Social Service as needed) and maintains contacts with other disciplines regarding resident care and concerns.
• Will assist in the planning and completion of Quality Assurance Studies/Projects.
• Completes, reviews and follows up on grievances and missing property reports.
• Responsible for assisting residents in discharge planning as appropriate.
• Establishing homecare services and ordering equipment as indicated by therapy
• Implementing and ordering transportation as needed on day of discharge.
• Participates in Care Plan Meetings for assigned caseload as scheduled and provides social and emotional input into treatment plans. Will complete MDS documentation as required.
• Provides group work services as indicated by resident and family needs.
• Responsible for maintaining statistical records for the social service department when required.
• Performs all other related duties as required. If necessary, performs duties not related to job description.