Paradise Valley Estates, a premier Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Fairfield, CA, is looking for Full Time Safety Risk Manager.
The Safety Risk Manager has the overall responsibility of assessing and quantifying risks of potential financial losses that may have an adverse impact on the organization. Risk management is responsible for recommending possible solutions to the COO and to the executive team that will take responsibility for the implementation, monitoring, and modifying chosen risk treatment. Such treatments may include, but are not limited to, avoidance of the risk, transfer of the risk to another party or organization, control of the risk through reduction in frequency or severity of loss, self insuring/insuring of risk, and/or combination of these treatments.
Working with Security Supervisors, is responsible for hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, and evaluating Security Officers. Responsible for all aspects of disaster planning, preparedness and drills. Works with other department directors, managers and supervisors to ensure OSHA safety training is completed monthly. Tracks all safety training campus wide. Schedules and runs the organization monthly safety committee meetings. Participates in New Hire Orientation and Annual Employee Refresher Day Orientation providing the safety training portion of the program.
Investigates all campus injuries for residents, guests, vendors, and employees. (Does not complete first aid or triage employee injuries, which are completed in our on campus clinic). Trains Security Officers on 1st responder duties and responsibilities. Investigates resident complaints and concerns on campus. Assists residents and employees with any safety/risk issue.
- Education: Enroll in and obtain a Health Center Risk Management certification of completion within 180 days of employment.
- Training: Must have training in security procedures. Knowledge of Risk Management preferred.
- Experience: Experience in security, security systems, safety and risk management required. Public relations background and human resources experience preferred. A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience preferred. Service-oriented background preferred.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day performing such activities as grasping, lifting, reaching, and to perform light physical work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds, unassisted, on an occasional basis
- Communicates effectively, both written and orally
- Must be have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, their families, and other personnel
- Paradise Valley Estates team members enjoy working near the beautiful rolling hills of the Paradise Valley community in Fairfield, California.
- Competitive paid time off and health benefits.
- Company 401(k) option.
- Numerous voluntary benefits (e.g. gym discounts, pet insurance, life insurance, etc.).
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, energetic team, send your resume and cover letter. You may also apply at http://pvestates.com/careers/, or fax your resume to 707-402-6696. EOE/M/F/V/D
ABOUT PARADISE VALLEY ESTATES:
Located on more than 68 acres, Paradise Valley Estates is one the largest employers in Fairfield, California. Paradise Valley Estates is certified as a Great Place To work, and is also a recipient of the Gold Pinnacle Award from NuStep, a national award that recognizes top senior living communities that excel in whole-person wellness programming and promote active living for seniors. The Paradise Valley Estates gated campus boasts a diverse mix of team members from dinning services associates to healthcare service providers to security and even our own maintenance crew.