ProPath, the largest 100% physician owned nationwide pathology practice, seeks a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our thriving practice. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and based in Dallas. We have over 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team. Our nearly 500 team members are based in 10 different states with physical facilities in three.
The position will be responsible for the operation, system design, maintenance, and support of ProPath financial, billing and business intelligence systems. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will also be responsible for miscellaneous programming modifications and interfacing tasks. This position includes access to confidential information.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: Those duties that are performed regularly to accomplish the purpose of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
- Develop scorecards and executive dashboards using COGNOS BI/Analytics
- Analyze business user needs, gather and document requirements, design and develop new or modify models and/or reports, dashboards, events, and scheduled jobs
- Identify key drivers of a defined problem and propose solutions
- Recognize and solve problems using analysis and effective diagnosis of technical issues
- Support the design and configuration of COGNOS framework
- Provide production support including changes and break/fix for standard and ad-hoc reporting using COGNOS Analytics
- Create, support, automate and manage all ETL (Extract, Translate and Load) processes to populate our reporting databases
- Refine, enhance and automate processes and reports using available BI tools and functionality
- Provide delivery and support of TM1 - Budgeting, Planning & Reporting solutions by managing all software development phases including requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, deployment, integration, training and documentation
- Collaborate with functional teams to develop and support solutions that streamline business planning processes and alleviate manual processes
- Identify process improvement opportunities to drive business performance
- Provide DBA support to real-time SQL DB management processes
- Monitor, investigate, analyze, and resolve database issues in real time
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes to ensure high levels of reliability, performance, availability, and security
- Refine and automate database processes, change and incident management, track issues, and document changes
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities as required
- Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade and deployment strategies
- Design, prototype, implement, test, document, release, and support production quality database efforts
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure all efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Assist teams with SQL tuning, schema refinement and database development best practices
- Provide governance and documentation over database policies, procedures and standards
- Deliver pragmatic and balanced approaches to complexity, performance, technology and database best practices
- Foster a data informed culture with high standards of operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Work in close coordination with all departments to research and develop highly analytical decision support systems/reports which assist in optimizing critical business processes and decision making
- Verify accuracy of data extracted from variety of ancillary systems and sources
- Provide guidance to staff assuring appropriate use and function of the systems
- Work in helpdesk system to resolve incidents and service requests from ProPath personnel
- Work directly with management to design and create reports needed to effectively run the ProPath businesses
- Coordinate and support vendors for all maintenance and enhancement requirements
- Follow SDLC processes when upgrading and/or enhancing software and/or reports
- Train staff as required
- Participate in vendor user groups to represent the interests of ProPath
- Monitor daily processes for accuracy and proper execution and take corrective action as necessary
- Participate in 24 hour/7 day on-call support on a scheduled basis (about one week every two months)
- Provide quality internal and external customer service
- Represent ProPath in a courteous, professional manner
- Work effectively within a team-oriented environment
- Maintain compliance with department and company policies and procedures, and federal and state regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee, patient, client and/or company records and issues
- Maintain a professional appearance through adherence to company approved dress code
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Work overtime as needed.
Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Degree in Management Information System, Business, Accounting or Finance is preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills via telephone, e-mail and in person. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to take the initiative and work independently and within a team. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with department and management team members to provide quality service. Possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Possess innovative problem solving abilities. Must be highly analytical.
Minimum of five years of experience managing systems in a similar environment or multiple years’ experience working with information systems in another capacity may meet experience requirement for the purposes of training. Experience in computer skills of Data Warehouse and Decision Support System is preferred.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, profit sharing, a matched 401K plan and more. Be a part of the nation’s premier pathology practice. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran Accessibility AccommodationsEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)