Under direct supervision of the IT Systems Operations Manager, oversees LAN/WAN, Wireless and Voice over IP (VOIP) Telecommunication network; performs all aspects of network administration including design, installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and best practices management of devices, users, security, performance optimization, and training tasks to enable users to maximize productivity. Makes independent decisions concerning network administration while adhering to regulatory guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
• Administers the network utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols, Meraki/Cisco IOS/Extreme Networks/Fortinet infrastructure, and/or one or more UNIX-based and Microsoft based operating systems.
• Application administration of Avaya PBX/VoIP, Fuze and network infrastructure monitoring.
• Configures, installs and maintains all routers, switches, wireless networking, firewall and VPN.
• Maintains security of LAN/WAN environment
• Evaluates and/or recommends purchases of network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software; provides technical consulting services to department/location offices regarding use of computers and networks to satisfy business needs.
• Installs, configures, and maintains networks, workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures iSCSI, SAN, NAS and other network and storage systems.
• Maintain high availability equipment supporting IPSec VPN and MPLS network connections.
• Plans and implements network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, and file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
• Analyzes customer service telecommunications needs and current delivery systems and programs, and develops and coordinates the implementation of new and/or enhanced customer service systems and programs, as appropriate.
• Provides support in-person, email, and telephone information services.
• Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Maintains network and VoIP Infrastructure on a 24/7 basis.
• Support and evaluate network continuity strategy and processes.
• Maintains a good communication with team members and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
• Work with team members to create innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Very experienced in TCP/IP v4, OSI model and familiarity with IP v6 protocol
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required plus five years as a full-time, hands- on, multi-property Network Administration.
• Knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of telecommunication systems.
• Knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP), SIP, DYIP and POTS telecommunication systems.
• Ability to manage and escalate 3rd party telecommunications vendors
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software and telecommunication systems.
• Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software.
• MBA preferred
• CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCDP certification preferred
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Strong commitment to excellence
• Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
• Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.