ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That’s why we built the world’s leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We’re working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We’ve raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
At Guardant Health, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful methods of cancer management. Guardant’s IT Platform team builds and operates the technology backbone of the company.
To facilitate Guardant Health’s fast growth in the next few years, the IT Platform team is looking for a strong technical leader / manager who can prepare the company’s IT and DevOps/SRE infrastructure and operation for an aggressive long term growth.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for corporate IT infrastructure, a scalable data storage that holds PBs of genomics data, high performance compute clusters that run bioinformatics pipeline in production and R&D environments, and the software infrastructure that hosts an ecosystem of services for internal data processing and external data integration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and drive technology for IT and DevOps, including network, data centers, cloud infrastructure, end-user apps and services, software CI/CD.
- Manage multiple HPC clusters and distributed file systems.
- Own end to end troubleshooting of the production system stack down to source code level e.g. shell scripts, python and others.
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces)
You enjoy an agile, very fast paced and highly technical environment. You are a self-driven technology leader who delivers a continuous stream of business value to make his 100x improvement vision a reality. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs. you help your engineers in design, implementation and troubleshooting hardware and software components. You have the ability to maintain the day to day support SLA while running various key projects that move the business forward.
- Scaling and operating IT in an enterprise setup: technology investment/portfolio management, risk management, ITIL, service management, desktop support
- 10+ years of Linux/Unix administration, solid knowledge of Unix network protocols, TCP/IP network fundamentals, core infrastructure technologies and virtualization
- 3+ years of large scale data storage and compute clusters (HPC) infrastructure
- 5+ years of developing and operating on-premise and cloud-based (AWS and Azure) data-centers
- 3+ years of building software release and ops processes and automation toolset
- 3+ years of managing engineering and operation teams
- Operating infrastructure compliant with HIPAA and SOX standards
- Managing department budgets and relationships with vendors
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.