Service Coordinator Social Worker – Community First Health Plans
The Service Coordinator-Social Worker (SC-SW) provides STAR Kids Members with initial and ongoing assistance by identifying, selecting, obtaining, coordinating, and using covered services and other supports to enhance the member's well-being, independence and integration in the community. Aids patients and their families with personal and environmental difficulties, which predispose illness of interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
Works with the Service Coordination team to provide a holistic evaluation of the member's individual dynamics, needs and preferences while providing education and health-related information to the member, the member's legal authorized representative (LAR), and the member's support network.
Responsible for the coordination of STAR Kids members' covered and uncovered services, including both acute and long term services and supports (LTSS), while meeting the member's physical, behavioral, functional, and psychosocial needs.
- A minimum of three years of social work experience is required.
- Two years' experience in a health care setting is required.
- Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education is required.
- Two years' experience in a managed care environment or working with people with disabilities and vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex conditions is preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
Current state licensure from the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners is required.