BAYADA Hospice is currently seeking a Full Time or Per Diem, experienced Medical Social Worker for territories around our Norwich, VT office.
As a Hospice Medical Social Worker, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides skilled nursing, psychosocial care and veterans services to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive comfort and dignity.
Responsibilities for a Hospice Medical Social Worker include:
- Making home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Assist our team in understanding the social and emotional factors related to our clients’ health problems.
- Provide clinical social evaluations and plan appropriate interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Identify appropriate community resource referrals to address the client’s and the family’s practical and environmental needs.
- Act as an advocate for both the client and the family to navigate the patient through the community system.
- Participate in the development of the total plan of care with the multidisciplinary team of BAYADA clinicians, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain contacts with public and private agencies as resources for the patient.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives in community resources to promote the patient's health, safety, well-being, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a Hospice Medical Social Worker include:
- BA/MSW, Accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education, as demonstrated by school transcript or degree; MSW preferred, but not required.
- LCSW preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Have a minimum of one year experience in social work in a health care setting.
- Home care/Hospice/Palliative Care experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases, as assigned.
Our employees are our greatest asset
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. Headquartered in suburban Philadelphia, BAYADA employs more than 23,000 field and office professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 340 offices.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.