The Social Worker is responsible for providing counseling services to parents and students, and assists the program in developing community resources to support a nurturing environment for the student at home and/or school.
The position requires a master’s degree in social work, with 5 years of experience and New York State certification/licensure. The position requires the ability to develop and implement treatment plans; provide play therapy; provide problem solving and crisis intervention to families and children; and facilitate community relations. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Complete in house social histories for children undergoing the evaluation process.
- Provide psychological counseling and/or evaluation services to students and families as required.
- Maintain records on counseling cases in addition to reports that are required to school district and review and provide oversight signature for LMSW caseload.
- Maintain database on student information for SED, DOE, and DOH, including bus routes.
- Create and maintain student-meeting schedules for annual reviews and “turning 5” reviews.
- Oversee and ensure process for Parent Council and Parent Workshops.
- Facilitate admissions process with intake department including outreach to school districts.
- Participate in Internal Program Reviews at various Volunteers of America facilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
- Ensure that families and children receive complete services.
- Children and families receive quality services provided by therapy staff based on IEP mandates.
- All records are current and submitted to school districts on time.
- Information in database is current and up to date in meeting funder and agency requirements.
- IEPs for annual reviews and transition to programs for 5-year-olds are timely and meet quality standards.
- Parents will be kept informed of children’s goals and progress both at home or school.
- Positive relations are maintained with school districts in order to ensure a smooth admissions process.
- To ensure compliance with agency policy and funder regulations.
- Related duties are performed completely, on time and accurately.