Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a FT Social Worker to join our growing Hospice care team in San Diego.
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Certified Home Health Aides enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
Summary of Major Functions:
- The Master of Social Work works in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to administer a program of grief counseling and support services for survivors of patients served by hospice and the community at large
- Reports changes in the patient’s conditions and needs to the RN Case Manager or Director of Patient Care Services/Director of Family and Support Services.
- Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
- Assists the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's terminal illness.
- Assesses for suicide risk, mental capacity, elder and/or dependent adult abuse and takes appropriate action.
- Assists in completion of advance directives, mortuary arrangements, funeral planning or facility placement
- Provides assistance to staff and patient/family in ascertaining third party and financial resources and planning for financial coverage for services
- Provides information and referral to appropriate community resources and/or legal entities.
- Advises and counsels hospice staff, patients and families, or community agencies in management of emergency situations/crises.
- Conducts bereavement assessments, develops plans of care in conjunction with the IDT and documents all bereavement activities.
- Designs and distributes materials to families eligible for and/or receiving bereavement services.
- Develops educational programs for families and staff on loss, grief, and related topics.
- Evaluates the bereavement program and services on a quarterly and annual basis
- Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
- Provides consultation and education to community to increase knowledge related to the hospice and serves as information source and education resource person to community, agency personnel and volunteers as appropriate.
- Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops
- Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related human services field or a graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology or appropriate certification in hospital or pastoral ministry.
- Documented evidence of training in dealing with grief and loss.
- Open to interviewing New Grads with confirmed date to take board exams
- Clinical experience in the area of grief and loss, family therapy and group activities.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and auto insurance.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth. EOE/M/F/D/V To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.