Charles E. Smith Life Community, a premier provider of sub-acute, dementia, long-term care, and independent and assisted living services is searching for a new Behavioral Interventionist to serve as a champion for our residents. In this role, you will provide leadership and direction to all staff with particular focus on guaranteeing high quality customer service and maintaining a vibrant community.
Located on a 34-acre campus in suburban Rockville, MD, our system provides a continuum of care encompassing long-term care at the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, assisted living at Landow House, memory care assisted living at Cohen-Rosen house, independent living at Ring and Revitz House, and the Hirsh Health Center, an outpatient health clinic. With a rich history of over one hundred years of service to the community, we deliver quality services to over one thousand residents each day.
The primary purpose of this position is to assess residents with behavioral issues and to act as a resource person, providing behavioral strategies to the resident’s team. The social worker will also provide direct social work services to an identified memory care resident population within the Hebrew Home. The identified resident population includes the resident, their family and members of their support system. Services are provided in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility and may be as directed by the Director of Social Work or Administrator to assure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our clients at all times.
Essential job responsibilities:
• Complete behavioral assessments.
• Identify strategies for behavioral intervention/modification with a focus on reducing use of psychotropic medication.
• Complete bio-psychosocial assessments.
• Create and implement resident care plans based on the current bio-psychosocial assessment.
• Provide education about behavioral strategies and options to residents, families, and/or staff.
• Assist resident and family with adjusting to placement at the Home, beginning prior to admission day if needed.
• Advocate for residents rights.
• Schedule and participate in post admission conferences, transfer conferences, and discharge conferences.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits in a friendly, fast-paced, team-oriented environment. To learn more, please send resume and salary requirements to: Charles E. Smith Life Communities, Attn: Chris Stamps, 6121 Montrose Road, Rockville, MD 20852, Fax (301) 770-8511; Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] EOE