The Social Worker plans, organizes and provides social services to patients and families. They assess the patient's family/social support system and identify any psychosocial/actors which may impact the patient's hospitalization or discharge. They assist in the coordination of patient care through consultation with all other members of the healthcare team. They strive to identify resources that will facilitate a transition to assure completion of the continuum of care. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini's strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Assess the psychosocial, high risk, cultural and discharge needs of the patient and family.
- Assist patients and families with development of satisfactory discharge plan.
- Is knowledgeable about and able to educate patient's families and staff regarding Advance Directives.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of and relationships with community resources.
- Incorporates Social Work assessment into the multidisciplinary care and management of the patient/family.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize strategies of conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Assures the rights of the patient/family are respected and maintained.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize report and fulfill specific responsibilities related to abuse of a child, abuse of an adult, and victims of domestic violence.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and provide referrals to patients who are in need of psychiatric care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department specific policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Excellent written and verbal skills. One year of practice preferred. Some knowledge of computers.
C. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications
* GSW minimum requirement. LCSW preferred.