Social Worker – PRN (Variable Shift) – GeroPsyc –Etowah Campus– position available.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities for the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Interviews and assesses patients and/or patient's family, caregivers, and/or legal representatives.
• Determines, prioritizes, provides and/or arranges for needed internal and external services/interventions.
• Participates in case reviews to evaluate case management and progress. Consults with healthcare team members to promote, monitor, and evaluate compliance with patient's treatment plan.
• Assists with discharge planning and processes. Identifies appropriate resources, including transportation, housing, healthcare, and social/spiritual services, and provides referrals as part of the discharge plan.
• Supervises and/or trains new staff, students, and interns.
• Performs Medicaid screenings as indicated for NHP.