Start your New Year with a new job and join our team!
New Retention Incentives!!
Work in a beautiful Rehab Center in Northwest Rochester. If you love seniors and wish to make a difference - come join us!
In return for your service - we offer top benefits, scholarships, and a fun and supportive environment.
Volunteers of America is looking for full time Social Worker to join its team at our Rochester Rehab Living Center in Rochester, MN!
- Performs in person initial assessments for enrollment of potential Senior CommUnity Care participants.
- Coordinates with the Interdisciplinary Team to develop a comprehensive plan of care for each participant.
- Conducts in person re-assessment of enrolled participants every six (6) months and as needed.
- Maintains regular attendance at and participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings; communicates participant changes, collaborates on plan of care decisions and coordination for twenty-four (24) hour care delivery.
- Provides ongoing support, counsel, and education to participants and family regarding a variety of issues, including but not limited to: the aging process, dementia, grief and loss, end of life, disease processes, difficult family dynamics and changing roles.
- Presents requests to Interdisciplinary Team for and coordinates admission/discharge to contracted facilities for temporary respites and permanent placement.
- Acts as facilitator for meetings with participant, family, caregivers, and community agencies to clarify, or problem solves issues regarding the plan of care. Mediates discussions between all parties.
- Facilitates hospice or nursing home placement as needed. Initiate referrals to external resources with community agencies such as Adult Protective Services, Housing Authority, or public utility companies. Advocates with these entities for purposes of maintaining community stability.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have means of transportation.
- Must clear background check.
- Education: Masters Degree from an accredited school of social work required. Be legally authorized, currently licensed, registered or certified if applicable in the state of employment.
- Experience: A minimum of one year's experience working with frail or elderly population required. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting is preferable