The purpose of this position is to provide initial psycho-social evaluations, ongoing psycho-social counseling, direct casework services, bereavement services and community education, outreach, and referrals. Responsible for the delivery of varied social work services to residents/patients and families and actively participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assesses the psycho-social status of patients and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
- Assesses for and educates interdisciplinary group on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family. Includes communication, role of family, space, and any special traditions or taboos.
- Maintains clinical records.
- Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Participates in discharge planning when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Massachusetts licensure: LCSW or LICSW
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in health care.
- Experience in a long term care setting preferred.
- A graduate of a Master's program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education preferred
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.