EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited school. Bachelor’s education may be in a related field such as counseling, psychology, sociology, gerontology.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES REQUIRED: Valid Florida Driver’s License
EXPERIENCE/SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to work flexible hours. Experience in counseling and/or work with aging. Must be able to work independently and in an interdisciplinary environment.
Able to access patient homes and meeting locations including those without elevators. Able to work under varying levels of stress. Ability to lift, push, pull twenty (25) pounds without difficulty. Good audio and visual acuity. Reliable, insured transportation.
- Reports changes in POC or patient status to RNCM.
- Assesses psychosocial, financial and spiritual needs.
- Develops and implements individualized care plans.
- Performs ongoing psychosocial assessments
- Provides education and counseling to patients/families.
- Advocates for patients/families as needed.
- Assesses for Medicaid eligibility; completes Medicaid application as needed
- Ensures agency, state and federal standards are met.
- Participates in on call rotation which may include providing a supportive presence to patients on crisis care and coverage for Social Worker needs.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and collaborate with team.
- Creates patient specific plan of care.
- Provides information about hospice to prospective patients and their families.
- Follows established hospice policies and procedures, health and safety guidelines
- Assists bereavement coordinator as needed (assessments, support groups, community outreach, memorial service).
- Orients new staff members.
- Assists Volunteer Coordinator with patient specific needs (pet therapy, pinnings and birthdays).