EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVENESS: The Mental Health Center of Denver values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Learn what it is like to work at the Mental Health Center of Denver:
NEW HIRE SALARY RANGE: $55,000 - $65,000/year
The Business Analyst on the Software Lifecycle team evaluates how the Mental Health Center of Denver can better implement and configure a wide range of software systems - both for our staff and for the people we serve. This includes developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as gathering specifications for desired software functionality. The Business Analyst will provide input on software design and usability for both administrative and clinical workflows within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Human Centered Design and Software Specifications - Use human-centered design to gather requirements. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs and use natural language to document specifications. This includes working with stakeholders to iterate and redefine solutions.
- Communication - Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the Enterprise Applications team through which requirements flow.
- Adaptability and Critical Thinking – Adjust to changing business processes and independently gather context from meetings and stakeholders to problem solve.
- Agile Environment - Actively contribute and facilitate meetings related to successful Enterprise Applications team project accountability using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Product Ownership and Support - Perform problem analysis and resolution of day-to-day Software Life Cycle system problems. Including working as a help desk tier II or III support engineer. Work closely with software vendors to resolve issues.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (or other behavioral healthcare-related discipline), Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline.
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 3+ years of experience in behavioral healthcare, business administration, computer science, information systems, data sciences, or related discipline
EXPERIENCE: Two or more years of experience as a business analyst OR two or more years experience in healthcare (administrative or clinical) required.
Project management experience a plus. Health information technology experience strongly encouraged. Experience with behavioral healthcare a plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Position is currently remote and may require occasional in person work.
- May require occasional evening or weekend hours.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None