Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health- Downtown is currently looking for an experienced Sonographer, PRN to join their team.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies order, obtains and documents history. Educates pre and post and consents patients as per protocols Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of the patient communicating in a clear, concise caring manner.
- Observes the patient condition while in the department and seeks help from appropriate personnel when deemed necessary.
- Performs ultrasound studies/ procedures both in the department and at the bedside. Evaluates the images for technique and accuracy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria to patients of all ages: pediatric(1%) -1-12 years, adolescent(9%) 13- 18 years; adult(35%) 19-60years; geriatric (55%) over 60 years
- Maintains a flexible and helpful attitude toward schedule changes to accommodate patient needs and to provide coverage 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Maintains good attendance record in accordance with hospital/unit policies.
- Demonstrates willingness to adjust work schedule to meet department or hospital needs
- Operates patient care equipment/devices as appropriate: suction, oxygen etc. Maintains function and knowledge of crash cart and initiates appropriate code as required
- Adheres to hospital safety and infection control protocols and policies. Adheres to safety guidelines with regard to use of and maintenance of cidex. Maintains a clean, organized, well stocked work space.
- Navigates the hospital computer systems as is required for the specific job. Processes and stores images on PACS. Prints images as needed.
- Meets and maintains CE requirements per professional organization-ARDMS/ARRT. Maintains. Assumes responsibility for continued education requirements .Completes all required organizational education, including CPR.
- Maintains an awareness of costs: avoids waste, enters all patient related charges, and maintains equipment to avoid service costs
- Supports student activities as a designated clinical site location for ultrasound programs.
- Performs and maintains regulatory requirements to sustain ACR Accreditation. and TJC Accreditation