Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by theSisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standingfull-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a truedevotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortlythereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the fullcomplement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats thewhole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is currently looking for an experiencedSpeech Therapist to join our team on a PRN basis.
- Confirms and interprets physician referrals for SpeechPathology Services and consults physician as needed for clarification orrecommended change of same.
- Will screen care unit charts for Speech Therapyappropriateness
- Administers and documents evaluations appropriate topatient's condition and regularly reassesses during the course of treatment andmodifies goals as necessary.
- Documents progress regularly and completes dischargesummaries using departmental standard practice guidelines and record keepingand collaborates with other disciplines to ensure continuity of care.
- Instructs patients and caregivers in home programs whenordering rehabilitation equipment and supplies.
- Follows hospital guidelines and policies for accurate andprompt charging for services rendered.
- Formulates and performs patient treatment of assigned caseload with focus on achieving measurable, behavioral, and functional goals withspecific temporal components for Providence Downtown and Providence NEHospitals.
- Demonstrates effective ability to manage patient scheduleand delivery of treatment by prioritizing tasks. Collaborates with others toschedule and promote delivery for optimal services and positive patientoutcomes for Providence Downtown and Providence NE.
- Seeks ways to continually improve the service provided topatients.
- Assists in program and policy development, case and/orresearch studies, data completion, and performance improvement as delegated byDirector of Physical Rehabilitation Services