As a Security Senior Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for day to day support within Workday. You will focus on Workday security. This individual serves as a functional and technical point of contact for all tier 3 Workday issues and responds to these issues through the ticketing system. Document system processes and procedures and assist in guiding and training the end users across the organization. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will lead / facilitate requirements development, business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications to satisfy information technology (IT) and business needs. This resource will act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with enterprise applications. The Senior Business Analyst will also coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for clients including client training.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Perform the following on projects:
1) Understand and document business requirements,
2) configure Workday solution,
3) demonstrate the configurations through the development of prototype systems,
4) Assist the business in testing the Workday solution
5) Document Functional requirements
6) Adhere to Change Management Process
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to document the security function and design to facilitate maintenance
- Participate in report reviews, including understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards
- Create, edit and remove organization security roles for the system and provide support for issues relating to User Based Securities in Workday
- Maintain assignment for User Based Security roles to Employees and/or Positions
- Coordinate with vendors to understand new technology scope and association with new functionality and security
- Develop and maintain awareness of divisional and data security and comply with policies and procedures
- Participate in scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen
- Perform audits on system roles and access logs to ensure accuracy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with functional and IT clients
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients’ needs and situation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Working knowledge of HR/Finance information systems, including experience in designing, configuring, assigning and testing security roles and permissions in various applications
- Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience in security management
- Workday experience required
- 5+ years of experience with HR/Finance applications with a concentration in security management.
- HR/Finance functional experience preferred
Essential Job Functions
• Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
• Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
• Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
• Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
• Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
• Assist in systems and business process support across multiple internal project (Strategic and Tactical Projects).
• Coordinate activities including testing and production releases.
• Work as a technical support and liaison to other IT business analyst to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
• Provide analytical support for critical corporate strategic initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex system installations.
• Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
• Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a business analytics role including: process definition, management and monitoring, release management, and requirement definition
• Proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 10 or more years of successful experience in a quantitative role
• Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills
• Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
• Demonstrated advanced ability to work successfully on medium and large projects
• Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Healthcare and/or Revenue Cycle Management experience is a plus
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
• Strong commitment to excellence
• Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
• Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.