POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing system administration and support to our consumers of system resources. This position is in an IS department that is responsible for the overall IS infrastructure of the organization. Our customers are the end user and other departments in IS. Other functions of this IS department are Telecom, Network, Helpdesk, and Desktop Support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Job functions for this position are heavy on VMWare, server hardening, monitoring and patching.
- Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead.
- May coach one or more junior technical staff.
- Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Resolve escalated tickets from the Helpdesk.
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades.
- Work with Telecom and Network Engineer(s):
- to maintain network and system security.
- to ensure availability to specific users.
- maintain integrity of the network and security.
- ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of Microsoft Active Directory services.
- Maintain servers such as file servers, Exchange, monitoring and software deployment.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with VMWare and ESXi required
- Experience with HPE SimpliVity a plus
- Experience with SolarWinds a plus
- Experience supporting VMWare Horizon View VDI Desktop at the client and network level highly desirable
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting operating systems: Windows 2008R2/2012/2016
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting desktop operating systems: Windows 7, 10
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various back-up and anti-virus solutions at the desktop and enterprise level
- Experience with supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, etc)
- Office 365 Hosted Exchange, Azure AD, Microsoft InTune, and Okta identity and access management desired
- Ability to travel in the Denver metro area and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Valid state driver's license and a safe driving record
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in networking, Windows and Windows servers.
- Strong knowledge of LAN administration.
- Analytical proficiency and working knowledge of information systems.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent troubleshooting skill, strong ability to recognize urgency and prioritize. Flexibility and organization are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff. Good written and verbal communication skills, translating technical jargon and specifics to easily-understood lay terminology.
- Analyze complex, technical issues to develop practical solutions and plans of action. Efficiency in multitasking- transition from routine tasks to emerging issues and back again.
- Will have access to confidential and sensitive personnel, financial, and consumer information. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in these aspects.
- Knowledge of medical/clinical systems a plus.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology field.
- Some college or technical school education and experience equivalent accepted with certifications preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct supervision but, will provide guidance to junior members of the team and Helpdesk staff.
PHYSICAL REQIUREMENTS: Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach, drive, operate standard office equipment such as phone, computer, facsimile, copier/printer, and other business machines. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require evening or weekend hours.