Nationwide Search –Behavioral Health Surveyor
Clinician will work remotely anywhere in the United States
Are you a Licensed Social Workers/Clinical Professionals Counselors/Professional Clinical Counselors/Marriage and Family Therapist/Mental Health Counselors/PH.D/Psy.D Psychologist with leadership and/or progressive experience in the Behavioral Health setting?
- Independently Licensed Clinician Surveyors surveys health care organizations throughout the United States.
- Applies systems analysis skills and inductive reasoning skills to determine health care organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and functionality of care delivery systems.
- Engages health care organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards based issues in health care to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance.
- Prepares management reports that clearly link individual standards deficiencies with potential systems vulnerabilities and related organization risk points.
- Effectively communicates this information to health care organization leadership in a constructive and collegial style.
- Participates in other Joint Commission activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Independently Licensed Clinician: graduate of approved school and master's degree in appropriate discipline with experience in the behavioral health care field.
- Current professional license in discipline required at time of hire and must be maintained.
- Five years of experience working in various components of a hospital and/or health care organization, including three years direct clinical experience in at least two different free standing Behavioral Health Care settings:
- Residential Treatment, Supportive Living/Transitional Living, Addictive Disorders, Methadone Treatment, Case Management, Intensive Outpatient/Partial Programs, Crisis Stabilization, Therapeutic Schools, Forensic/Corrections/Sex Offenders, Foster Care, Child Welfare or other Human Services, and traditional outpatient services, and two years senior management experience.
- Only candidates with knowledge of The Joint Commission accreditation process will be considered.
- Recent experience as a consultant to health care organizations may be considered.
- Critical thinking, interpersonal, problem solving, interviewing, teamwork, organizational, and written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Fluency in Spanish and Certification in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) a plus. Must be able to lift 25 lbs., climb stairs and ladders, work in settings with infectious diseases, and nationwide travel 100% of work time
- Part time positions must be available to work two weeks .48 FTE or three weeks .7 FTE per month,
- Full time 1.0 FTE - Candidates interested in full time must be able available 4 weeks out of the month.
- All positions require 100% nationwide travel
- Must be able to observe, in real time and without slowing or otherwise interrupting the progress of, all applicable types of ongoing health care treatment (e.g., including emergency treatment, treatment during weather and other extreme situations, etc.).
- Standing for long periods of time, walking lengthy distances, lifting, climbing, stooping, pulling, and pushing in order to adequately inspect and observe all medical facilities, equipment and procedures, such as emergency exit procedures, remote storage facilities, any areas where cleanliness may affect the possibility of infection, medical equipment, etc., including the following activities:
- walking up and down stairways (e.g., to test escape routes, assess safety of emergency exits, regulatory compliance, etc.);
- removing obstructed covers or impediments to equipment or other mechanical areas;
- examining small and often dirty printed labels and print on equipment;
- Must be able to engage in extensive travel as set forth above, including driving a car to remote locations, flying on small airplanes and into small airports, traveling in all types of weather conditions, etc.
We are currently hiring for our next orientation class to take place on June 7, 2021.
Licensed Social Workers Licensed Clinical Professionals Counselors Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Licensed Mental Health Counselors PH.D Psychologist