Envision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Systems Engineer III. The position can be located in Denver or Atlanta.
Designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization's systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software such as Netapp storage, Cloud Resources, Citrix, and VMware. Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests and maintains the system. Makes updates to system related installation documentation. Under general direction, provides configuration, installation, and Tier 3 or 4 support of systems. Responsible for evaluating and troubleshooting current systems. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures system data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Works on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Compute and Storage architecture and design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Citrix and VMware ESXi.
- Planning, configuration and installation of corporate information systems running Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Implementation of upgrades, including firmware revisions, operating systems, production software upgrades and other enhancements as required.
- Implement and support SAN and NAS Infrastructure (including installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, and maintenance & monitoring).
- Storage provisioning to endpoints (Windows, Linux, and virtualized servers).
- Installs and configures disk storage systems.
- Manages fiber channel SAN switches and directors
- Proactive monitoring and correct storage performance issues
- Support, document, and execute on migrations and upgrades in support of platform asset lifecycle management.
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis
- Troubleshoot difficult problems and recommend appropriate actions, enlisting peer and vendor support as needed.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations
- Creates and maintains documentation such as hardware inventories, floor plans, and technology roadmaps as well as operational policies and procedures.
- Works directly with business units to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
- Provide on call support on a rotating basis to resolve system/application issues after normal business hours
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools such as Splunk, ControlUp and SolarWinds
- Varied working hours may be required to accomplish technical solutions.
- Some travel required.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience required. MCSE/MCSD, MCP, ITIL, and A+ certification preferred.
4+ years’ experience in server architecture and engineering including experience/exposure in the following technologies: Microsoft operating systems, VMware ESXi, Cisco UCS, NetApp, Azure and cloud technologies.
4+ years of enterprise storage administration/engineering
Strong knowledge with VMware ESXi
Extensive experience with NetApp
Strong knowledge and experience with block based storage services and arrays
Strong knowledge of storage fabric services and systems
Experience with Cisco UCS blade centers
Understanding of design and deployment of cloud technologies
Strong communication skills
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.