Georgetown Community Hospital
Under the general direction of the Radiology Director the radiologic technologist practices technology founded upon theoretical knowledge and concepts using equipment and accessories and employees procedures and techniques appropriately. The technologist acts as an agent through observation and communication to obtain pertinent information for the physician to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient and recognizes that interpretation and diagnosis are outside the Scope of Practice for the profession. Utilizes expertise in minimizing radiation exposure to the patient, self and other members of the health care team.
- Operate and oversee operation of radiologic equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes.
- Set up exam rooms prior to procedures
- Explain the procedure to the patient and get consent if necessary prior to procedure.
- Prepare and administer oral or IV contrast media to patients.
- Assist the Radiologist during procedures.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with regulations for the safety of the patients and staff.
- On-call assignment for full-time employees required and must report to the facility with 30 minutes of notification.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration: Current Radiation Operator Certificate in the state of Kentucky. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology in Radiography. Must possess BCLS
- Education: Completion of educational program in Radiologic Technology: 2 yr certificate, associate degree and/or baccalaureate degree.
- Experience: Successful completion of an orientation program.
Special Qualifications: Good communication skills; computer skills helpful; ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
On-Call Availability: Will accept on call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts and be available to report to facility within 30 minutes of notification. This status will be determined by technologist on duty. LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.