KVC West Virginia is looking for a Therapist to provide direct, in-home services to children and families to ensure continued success in the home. The therapist may also serve within the school setting in providing services when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned according to the qualification of staff and development programs.
- assist in the continued goals of the organization to build a child welfare system that is safe, secure, and family centered. KVC relies heavily on community connections and evidence-based practice to provide outstanding care to children and families.
- be a member of the treatment team in providing feed back of client progress
- provide direct, in-home and or school services to children and families to ensure continued success at home and in the school setting.
- use strengths-based approach to assist clients in developing goals and objectives
- demonstrate experience in working with children and families, superior organization and time management skills and professionalism
- maintain accurate and timely documentation o all interactions with clients. Strong computer skills are necessary to maintain documentation in KVC's proprietary software.
- testify in court hearings and provide written updates to cases with court supervision.
- provide intensive in-home or school therapy on a regularly basis with master's level credentials
- maintain relationship with schools and other community avenues
- Proficient in crisis intervention
- Available for on-call on rotational basis
- Maintains compliance with state, federal and TJC guidelines
Due to the unique needs of the families we serve, this role does not have a predictable schedule. KVC staff have the flexibility to manage their own time to create a positive work-life balance, but there will be evening and weekend work required as well as significant travel time to visit families in their homes and schools.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays and additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
Master's Degree in social work, mental health/rehabilitation counseling, counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, psychology.
Must be licensed as a mental health profession