A customer service champion and frontline manager responsible for building effective working relationships and with patients, patient families, field staff, and referral sources. The position requires 80%-100% travel through Western PA, reporting directly to the Area Vice President. The CSM will work with the Executive Director to effectively train, assist and influence the current Client Services Coordinators. Manages day to day scheduling of patients and field staff and ensures quality customer service and care is provided at all times. As a member of the branch leadership team, the CSM is also directly responsible for recruitment, screening/onboarding of field staff, as well as managing labor costs and staffing levels to help support overall branch performance. Responsible for maintaining compliance with all State, Federal and Company standards for healthcare staff and processes for scheduling and hiring. The CSM will assist agency business development efforts by effectively communicating with and maintaining relationships with outside stakeholders (i.e. hospital discharge planners, insurance case workers, client relations directors). Supports the branch and branch director in managing the 5 C’s. (Census Growth, Clinical Outcomes, Customer Satisfaction, Cost Controls and Cash Collection) and Compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates good managerial judgment in assigning duties appropriate to each individual’s strengths while understanding the abilities and limitations of each field/external caregiver.
- Consistently counsel field/external caregivers to provide exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems; uses initiative and good judgment to reach quality decisions.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and adherence to the policies and procedures of Aveanna, and holds external caregivers accountable for a carrying out all non-clinical policies and procedures as outlined in the manuals.
- Maintains an active involvement in issues of cost containment, filling open hour shifts, effectively utilizes field caregivers when assigning cases. Effectively managing call outs and staff performance.
- Responsible for maintaining, managing and reporting on the staffing levels of assigned cases daily and weekly.
- Demonstrates an active role in evaluating and managing the nonclinical aspects of performance management for field staff. Partnering with Clinical Supervisors for a cohesive review.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external staff.
- Maintains excellent rapport with clients and caregivers and effectively promotes effective strong working relationships.
- Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, continually monitoring and thoroughly evaluating the services given to clients associated with Aveanna.
- Assist in orienting new staff and understanding the skill level and availability for patient placement.
- Responsible for branch level sourcing and recruiting utilizing all avenues of talent acquisition (job boards, social media, cold calling, inactive and active caregiver lists) and all reporting and data entry in applicant tracking and HRIS systems. Additionally, works with regional, corporate recruiting and onboarding teams for recruiting and onboarding of new hires.
- Manages the staffing needs of the client as ordered by the physician and best patient/family/caregiver match. Creates, updates and distributes accurate client schedules in a timely manner for caregivers and patient families.
- Responsible for filling all open patient shifts with caregivers, matching proper needs of patients, families and caregivers.
- Actively participates in marketing and development activities for clients, referral sources and community outreach with Client Relations Team.
- Supports branch team in human resources/people services, payroll, compliance, quality assurance and billing tasks and initiatives as needed.
- Availability to travel 80%-100% of the time. Travel will be dependent on supporting vacancies in Western, PA market.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- One or two years in recruiting or scheduling capacity
- Leadership experience (may be college positions/athletics)
- Must be able to work after hours on-call schedule
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Some home healthcare operations experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Must have strong customer service drive and purpose
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
- Ability to train and supervise staff
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Performs duties in an office environment as well as field visits during operating and off hours
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids and infectious diseases
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.