North Texas Medical Center (NTMC) , a 60 bed acute hospital located in Gainesville, Texas, has immediate opportunity for an experienced Ultrasound Technologist. NTMC is approximately 27 miles north of Denton, right on I-35 and easy to get to.
Performs a variety of imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in call
rotation for computed tomography/ultrasound.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment and films.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.