We are currently seeking a caring and dynamic nursing leader, who is looking for an opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on the lives of our patients and direct care staff on a daily basis, to join our team.
If you have a true passion for providing seniors with unparalleled short- and long-term care, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
The Unit Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting our Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing in planning and directing the functions of the nursing department in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Job Duties include:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting nursing division's philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides information to patients and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from other health care professionals.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed