Envision Healthcare is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
The Vice President of Post-Billing Operations is responsible for directing and mentoring the management staff of the AR Collections, Underpayment Recovery, Payment Posting, and Correspondence departments. Individual will manage performance for full Anesthesia service line. The Vice President will function as a key participant and decision maker regarding actions involving corporate client base to improve department functions and enhance revenue collections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee entire workflow process from the point of billing until final claim resolution.
- Establish and communicate metric-based goals and priorities for the management team. Monitor changes in priorities and the resulting maximization of revenue. Ensure appropriate follow-through.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships, including off-shore vendors supporting multiple functions
- Review and approve vendor contracts as they relate to collections. Suggest modifications to contracts and contracting processes to improve collections, reduce cost and maximize/capture revenue.
- Lead initiatives to develop new approaches to streamline existing processes, reorganize work, implement new technologies, and improve resource utilization, with a focus on best cost methods.
- Reengineer processes, with higher degree of automation, focusing on scalability to enable growth
- Forecast workload and operating expenses based on projected volume.
- Forecast and anticipate other operating expense needs (e.g., travel, training, and consulting). Prepare annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure training and quality standards, as well as resources, are in place for all Post-Billing departments.
- Act as key participant in executive management meetings to represent Post-Billing departments and client base.
- Work well with other leaders to communicate and share resources on critical projects. Seek opportunities to help others’ projects by sharing and reallocating team members’ priorities and assignments.
- Management and ownership of identified RCM Transformation initiatives in coordination with Corporate RCM team.
- Oversee the departments’ investigation and facilitation, regarding problem resolution, for client billing issues of varying complexity and scope.
- Create, develop, and conduct a variety of client analyses projects of varying complexity and scope for client base.
- Support collaborative relationships with other Envision departments that promote effective communication and progress toward patient collection goals
- Manage team of Directors and staff, oversee their professional development, and build a team that prioritizes collaborations and professional and personal growth
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans
- Perform ongoing quality reviews. Maintain QA findings on appropriate logs. Complete monthly summary reports based on QA findings and distribute to appropriate management staff.
- Strong control and knowledgeable of Billing Compliance Policies. Ensure that policies and practices are in place for proper adherence.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment, or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Selects or develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Support and abide by the values of the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Deep background in both analytical and conceptual problem solving; able to quickly structure abstract challenges and develop industry-leading solutions
- Robust knowledge of industry processes related to functions under management and perspective of KPIs which demonstrate best practice performance
- Proven experience influencing others, including senior level executives and external stakeholders
- Polished written and verbal communication skills to sell vision to external stakeholders and motivate teams
- Ability to plan and execute consolidation of business operations (in the event of the Company’s acquisition of new businesses, plan and coordinate the evaluation, documentation, and potential consolidation of billing functions of newly acquired entities).
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative in maximizing the efficient use of staff resources, balance conflicts among limited resources for competing projects.
- Understand, distill, and communicate issues, challenges, and solutions across departmental and divisional boundaries.
- Lead inter- and intra-departmental teams in complex projects.
- HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other critical regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Management, or related fields required, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years management experience within revenue cycle operations
- Individual must have a strong understanding of hospital operations, physician 3rd party reimbursement, regulatory compliance requirements, and other practice management activities.
- Operations and/or strategy consulting experience with a focus on revenue cycle preferred
- Managerial experience in a high-volume transaction-oriented business preferred. Individual must possess strong administrative skills, well developed management skills and budgetary expertise.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven track record of working in high volume fast paced environment
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment. A company matching 401 K, tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.