We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care ®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Under the direction of the Director of Quality and Risk Management (Director), contributes to the organization’s quality management, performance improvement and accreditation readiness activities. Works with the Director, leaders, the medical staff and stakeholders, to develop and implement processes focused on the improvement of patient outcomes and healthcare delivery.
Overall financial reporting and analytic responsibility for CCRC Chicago and associated Outpatient Care Centers. Responsible for preparing annual budget, month-end financial analysis, capital expenditure justifications, and short and long-term planning and pricing strategies. Analyzes operations of CTCA Chicago business units regarding re-engineering, pricing, profitability and compliance related issues. Negotiates contracts with managed care, insurance carriers, and other payers. Leads the financial projection and due diligence financial review of new business ventures including practice acquisitions. Financial liaison between Corporate functions and local business unit. Provides financial and business decision support for CTCA Chicago including RMC and OCCs. Direct Management responsibility of the following hospital departments including Decision Support, Business Services, First Connections, Health Information Management, and Pharmacy.
- Negotiates contracts with managed care, insurance carriers and other payers.
- Serves as finical liaison between corporate functions and local business unit.
- Provides financial and business decision support to CTCA Chicago.
- Provides necessary education to individual departments n their preparation of budgets, capital expenditures, etc.
- Leads due diligence and financial projections associated with new business ventures including practice acquisitions and service line development.
- Compiles financial data in a meaningful manner.
- Provides oversight and quality assurance for finance, accounting and revenue cycle centralized under CTCA Global.
- Prepares budgets, analyzes variance, etc.
- Presents financial information to the CEO, Leadership Team and the Board of Trustee Members.
- Generates, analyzes and makes recommendations based on various reports.
- Distributes various reports, etc. o appropriate departments.
- Reviews month-end financial statements, justification, etc.
- Prepares capital expenditures justifications.
- Monitors capital expenditures for budget adherence.
- Develops financial monitoring tools.
- Performs pricing studies.
- Serves as a resource person to department heads on all financial matters.
- Promotes teamwork, nurtures relationships with others and is viewed positively by co-workers.
- Carries own share of responsibility and willingly offers assistance to others.
- Supports the goals of the department and participates in department performance improvement.
- Attends required staff meetings in addition to net learning requirements.
- Meets annual health screening requirements.
- Promotes inter and intra departmental collaboration, nurtures relationships with others and is viewed positively by co-workers. Responds appropriately to negativity, seeks to promote understanding and mutual achievement of goals.
- Strong orientation towards services excellence. Utilizes brand platform for consistent deployment of services. Effectively motivates and coaches staff in CTCA standards of excellence.
- Seeks opportunities for organizational improvement, consistently applies lean thinking to departmental operations to enhance or improve services.
- Demonstrates an orientation toward achievement and professional growth actively seeks and initiates self-improvement through continuing education and/or participation in work projects that offer developmental challenges.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, MHA or MPH preferred
- 6+ years management experience
- Ability to worth both independently and with cross-functional teams
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to utilize microcomputers to create meaningful financial reports
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely related field in order to obtain necessary technical knowledge.