BAYADA Home Health Care has an immediate opening for a Per Diem Weekend Occupational Therapist, OT. While the office is located in Newark, DE, our clients are located throughout southern New Castle County, DE.
- One year of verifiable prior clinical experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist, OT required.
Occupational Therapist, OT Responsibilities:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Occupational Therapist, OT Qualifications:
- A current Delaware Occupational Therapist license.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an OT, Occupational Therapist.
- Graduation from an occupational therapy program.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.