EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
Requires an Associate degree in nursing or a diploma certificate from an approved nursing program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Requires a valid current Florida Registered Nurse License and a valid Florida Driver’s License.
EXPERIENCE/SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
One to two years experience in home health, oncology, acute care or public health. Ability to read, write and speak English. Bi-lingual preferred. Ability to manage time and triage phone calls received from patients, families and physicians. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to lift, push, pull twenty five (25) pounds without difficulty. Good visual and audio acuity. Ability to work effectively under varying degrees of stress.
- Coordinates care of patient during weekend hours with on-call social worker and case managers at local hospitals.
- Prepares complete and accurate documentation in accordance with all SFR policies and procedures, Federal/State regulations and Medicare/Medicaid guidelines.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and respect for patient/family privacy and possessions.
- Provides emotional support to patient/family and other caregivers.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality control activities.
- Increases knowledge of palliative care through active participation in educational opportunities.
- Assists patient/family with understanding requirements during implementation of a disaster plan.
- Participates in orientation and education of SFR personnel.
- Attends monthly nurses meetings and educational training sessions as scheduled by the Director of Clinical Services.