MHA in Ulster County, Inc. seeks a Full Time (35 hours per week) Offsite Recreation/Socialization Wellness Coordinator to coordinate and develop both recreational and socialization opportunities outside of our building, for adults who experience mental health or developmental challenges participating in the Wellness Services Program. The program, which is run in a ???club??? style, requires the coordinator to provide transportation for scheduled activities, actively engage participants, and provide daily program oversight.
Tuesday-Friday 9am-4:30pm and Saturday 9:30am-5pm. Flexibility with schedule is a must.
- The Coordinator researches and schedules different activities and special events to hold while creating a bimonthly newsletters and calendar of events.
- Additionally, Wellness Coordinators assist in gathering program data such as participation and attendance and assist in preparing quarterly reports.
- Coordinators facilitate conflict resolution, advocate in the community on behalf of all participants and work to create a comfortable and inclusive environment for all participants.
- As part of the Wellness Services program, Coordinators at times host classes or groups providing activities to both the ???club??? participants and drop-ins from the community.
- Coordinators also provide Home and Community Based Services that include both plan development and goal training.
- The Wellness Coordinator is also required to do outreach within the community about the programs offered.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor???s Degree in a Human Services field or an Associate???s Degree in a Human Services field and three years experience in Human Services, or a High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 years experience.
- Experience working with adults recovering from a mental illness preferred. Lived experience desirable.
- This position also requires strong interpersonal skills and experience working with a diverse population.
- Candidates must have a clean NYS driver???s license with at least 6 years driving experience.