MHA in Ulster County, Inc. has a Full-time position (35 hours per week) working as a Wellness Resource Coordinator in our Wellness Services department. The Wellness Resource Coordinator acts as an advocate and liaison for adults in the community with mental health issues, establishing a connection with a network of human service providers and related support within the community. This position assists the individual in identifying strengths and needs, while coordinating care through a network of providers.
- The Wellness Resource Coordinator seeks to provide ongoing assistance as needed in combination with service planning and implementation of service goals.
- In addition, this position provides direct wellness services such as support groups and skill building groups including the responsibility of creating, maintaining, and promoting group schedules.
- This position works with the Program Director to develop and coordinate community projects, trainings, and presentations as well as maintaining good community relations that are in keeping with the mission of the Mental Health Association. Wellness Resource Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of various activities throughout the year, including but not limited to conferences, Depression Screening Day, Mental Health Month and Mental Illness Awareness week.
- This position designs newsletters and prepares various news releases, brochures, fliers and pamphlets to promote community resources and trainings in the mental health community. Attending outreach events including but not limited to health fairs, festivals, tabling events, and other community events as appropriate.
- Required qualifications are a Bachelor???s Degree in a Human Service field and 2 years??? experience in human services.
- Taking initiative and establishing community connections and provide outreach regarding Wellness Services is required.
- This position requires a clean and valid NYS driver???s license with at least 3 years driving experience.