Eckerd Connects Workforce Development, Adult Programs
Eckerd Connects' Workforce Development program aligns with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) through partnerships and strategies to provide career pathways and supportive services needed for adults and dislocated workers.
Training services included occupational skills training, customized training, on-the-job training, incumbent worker training, and transitional employment opportunities. We establish and develop relationships and networks with large and small employers and their intermediaries as well as develop, convene or implement industry or sector partnerships.
Please follow the link for more information about our Workforce Programs: https://eckerd.org/workforce-development/
The Workforce Development Specialist is the primary point of contact between our staff, participants and potential employers. The WDS will build a network of business relationships that support subsidized and unsubsidized employment opportunities for participants.
- Attend/conduct activities in the community relating to employment services and connect with employers and community organizations on a frequent basis to market and enrich the program and the success of the participants.
- Maintains regular contact with employers to monitor employment satisfaction and to suggest refinement of requirements to better prepare participants and meet employer hiring needs.
- Works with participants to develop assigned subsidized placement, accurately completes Worksite Agreements, clearly reviews policies and process with participant and employer.
- Assists in the development and documents job duties, and follows up with employer/participant surveys regularly to ensure program satisfaction and success.
- Develop and/or strengthen relationships with local employers, colleges, military, and social service agencies leading to fulfillment of contractual objectives.
- Enter data collected on client and employer activity in an internal and/or state system. Maintain accurate participant records, performs filing and general clerical functions. Tracks and reports on placement activities. Works with staff to identify job placement concerns and propose solutions.
- Program marketing, minimum one event/quarter (Specialized Recruitment's, job fair).
- Understands of Labor Market Information, Demand Occupations, and watch for trends in employment.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Related Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University preferred.
Experience: 2+ years relevant work experience hiring, training, and managing staff. Past experience working with the targeted population.
Skills: Excellent people skills and ability to build relationships. Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of participants, staff, and community. Basic knowledge and understanding of issues that affect people with barriers and disabilities. Strong process orientation: Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The environment is an open office/classroom type facility that is reasonably clean and comfortable. The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he/she is free to move about. The position requires that the incumbent spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
Other: Must have appropriate and valid state driver’s license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements. Travel up to 40% of the time.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program